Thursday, June 29, 2006

i carry your heart with me.

here's a poem by e.e cummings. interesting poet.

i carry your heart with me,
i carry it in my heart.
i am never without it.
anywhere i go you go,my dear;
and whatever is doneby only me is your doing, my darling
i fear no fate,
for you are my fate, my sweet.
i want no world,
for beautiful you are my world, my true.
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant,
and whatever a sun will always sing is you.
here is the deepest secret nobody knows;
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.
i carry your heart,
i carry it in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home