Friday, January 13, 2006

rain o' rain

ahh heyy people. i was going through my old files today and i chanced upon smthing i had wrote awhile back. yeah i might just as well share it with everyone here. it aint shakespeare for sure, but hey, at least it reflects my thoughts. so... this is how it goes,

Rain o’ rain.
What do I see inside of me.
A man, a knight with dignity.
Living a life of distraught,
As meanings in life comes to a halt.

Looking around attentively,
I see nothing less than hypocrisy.
colleagues with smiles on their face,
bootlicking the boss, a mere disgrace.

Standing up I shouted out loud,
“I want freedom and I want to get out!
To run from this horrible place,” I say,
Away from the pressure I face everyday.

Packing my bags I no longer had to stay,
My heart felt light, happy and gay.
Out of the building into the rain,
Dancing with my briefcase as though I’m insane.

The rain kept falling down,
With drops of water hitting the ground.
Bringing life upon the land,
Into the pastures, into the sand.

My shirt was drenched, my face was wet,
But I didn’t care, I felt so glad.
But then again, was I happy or sad?
What about the family I had?

Rain o’ rain.
Boon or bane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home